The accused is a person who is placed in the Detention Centre to continue the investigation in his case.
The one in the Detention Centre should be placed in the place of permanent residence, to be close to family members, but in the case of a large group or more people in the case (in custody), he can be located anywhere in Slovakia.
The accused is entitled to many things but must be first made aware of them:
– he is entitled to civilian clothes provided for him by his family, who must, however, provide a regular change of linen every week, in accordance with the various guidelines laid down in the Constitution.
– he is entitled to telephone calls
– he is entitled to shopping (once a week)
– he is entitled to a visit (every month / every third month for a contact visit)
– he is entitled to sports activities (subject to availability at the institute)